2020 Comeback Team Challenge
**Register for the PLAYER DRAFT!
At the Laurel Park Tennis Center, Marietta, GA.
May 15-17, 22-24, 2020
Right now we will start with just these wide open divisions. The early response has been amazing. But we are still not sure what the final count will be so we are combining the 16’s, 14’s, and 12’s together into one big division. If we get a large draft we may then subdivide the divisions.
Boys’ 16 to 12 & Under Team Competition
Girls’ 16 to 12 & Under Team Competition
(Friday evening will only be used if rain is in the forecast. Could do a Monday too if the rain is heavy.)
- 6-8 teams 4-5 players per team (total 24-32 players) “Davis Cup” Ties between teams will consist of 2 Singles and 1 Doubles Match all played simultaneously (# of teams TBD based on
- Super Zoom Draft Registration) Super Zoom Draft (HAS BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL LATER THIS WEEK!) teams drafted by either Player/Captains or Coaches. TBD
The ZOOM DRAFT will be scheduled later this week. We will let you know when we have it ready.
*Players must register for the draft by 12 midnight Saturday, May 2nd, 2020. To register contact Jennifer Weber at email@example.com or call her at 678-687-5662.
- To register for the draft it does not cost anything. Once drafted then the entry fee will need to be paid in order to guarantee your spot on your team.
- 2 singles and 1 doubles (2/3 full sets, regular scoring).
- 2 Weekends May 15-17 and May 22-24 are planned for this but we may not need all of the dates to complete.
- (Rain dates – Fridays and Mondays evenings based on forecast and working it out among the players and coaches.) TBD
- Play starts each day at 9:00 AM except the Fridays and Mondays.
- If the Fridays and Mondays are used then we would play after 5:00 p.m.
- Coaching just like Davis Cup or NCAA collegiate play will be allowed at all times from the benches or other safe areas.
- Player/Captains or Coaches set line-ups: Round #1 Ex. Team A player #1 plays Team B player #1; Team A player #2 plays Team B player #2 and Team A Doubles plays Team B Doubles.
Example: Tentative Schedule Week #1 (Tentative and subject to change)
- Team A vs. Team B (Courts 1-3)
- Round #1 9:00 AM matches (players go directly to court-assigned)
- Lunch The tentative plan is for teams to be assigned a picnic area for “social distancing”.
- Lunch provided- Chick-Fil-A sandwich, carrot/celery stick/dip, apple, bag of chips, dessert, water bottle or bring your own lunch.
· Round #2 1:00 PM
Rules and Misc (Subject to change):
- No officials-players play fairly and honestly.
- Prizes – as an example: each player on winning team will receive a $50 gift card (Ex. Amazon, I Tunes)
- Rules for “social distancing” need be observed to at all times.
- We would really prefer only one other family member attend.
- Cost for both weekends $75. Once drafted you must pay by phone by calling Jennifer at the Laurel Park Tennis Center. 770-919-8602
Check back to this post for further updates!